As a Business Mentor I believe it is important to spend time reflecting on the past 12 months
As we are getting ready, or bracing ourselves for reopening vast parts of our society, it is important to spend time reflecting on the past 12 months from a business perspective. Many of us small business owners have had to pull on our innovative strengths. We’ve had to change many facets of our businesses to accommodate for the vast changes in our external environment.
Your review of the past year should not be done looking at the challenges but instead, looking at the opportunities. Despite the enormity of the situation, there are many positives which can be taken from this time and used to better our businesses going forward.
Let me give you five points to review to get you started:
- Staff: Have you found new strengths in them during the past 12 months? Maybe certain members of staff have shown a skill set which was not previously used but had a positive impact on the business. Maybe these newfound strengths can be used to expand your business?
- Marketing: Have you used any new channels for promoting your product or service and should this continue?
- Costs: Did the past 12 months make you revisit your cost base, and did you find any long-term savings?
- USP: Is the reason customers buy from you now the same as it was 12 months ago? Consider using the new USP to further grow your business.
- Mentoring: Many businesses report increased levels of collaboration during the past 12 months. I believe this will continue but make sure collaboration is not confused with support. You run your business – a Business Mentor will support you in your decision making and ease the transition to yet another new normal.
Together we can make changes for good and set your business on the right course for the future.
Business Mentoring supports businesses of any size and across all industries. We have already benefitted many businesses across Berkshire, where I am based. If you are curious about the impact business mentoring can have on you and your business, then I invite you to a complimentary session with myself with no future obligation.
Anne Williams, Director & Business Mentor
UK Business Mentoring
Wokingham, Maidenhead, Windsor, Runnymede, Weybridge, Bracknell, Slough